We Build Community
With a focus on Pontiac neighborhoods, we support inclusive projects that mobilize communities.
Community is at the center of our work to improve quality of life for Pontiac residents. We support the development of projects in Pontiac that align with our vision to see Pontiac as the premier place to live, work and play. With a focus on Pontiac neighborhoods, we support inclusive projects that mobilize communities.
- Launched Mattie McKinney Hatchett fundraising effort. To date PCF has raised $355K of the $400K budget for this project (2021)
- Provided opportunities for resident feedback, including stakeholder meetings, a resident survey, and door knocking campaign around the Mattie McKinney Hatchett Redevelopment efforts (2021)
- Pontiac Open Streets Program engaged 352 Pontiac residents with an outlet for physical activity and opportunity for youth interaction. Of the 352 participants, 278 were children under the age of 18 (2021)
- Launched the Pontiac Open Streets Program and hosted 6+ events in partnership with Friends of the Pontiac Parks to increase recreational opportunities for youth and families (2020)
- Enhanced infrastructure of local community parks, including installation of walking paths in Rotary and Cherrylawn Parks (2020)
- Restored a baseball field and seating at a local park (2019)
- Hosted community cleanups at Mattie McKinney Hatchett Park (2019-)