Enhance Your Leadership!
Pontiac Professional Grant
The Pontiac Community Foundation (PCF) aims to promote leadership development by providing grants for Pontiac professionals to attend the Cornerstone Program at Leadership Oakland. The Cornerstone Program is a nine-month program that is designed to expose participants to current resources and issues impacting our region as well as prompt them to think more deeply about their individual and group leadership growth and actions. This program is for talented, committed professionals with a desire to strengthen their leadership, organizations and community. Pontiac residents with this prowess and desire for leadership are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be released on Monday, June 20, 2022. Applications are due in to the Pontiac Community Foundation by Friday, July 8, 2022 at 5:00pm. Grant announcements will be made on or before Friday, July 15, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Applications are competitive. Timeliness and presentation of information will be considered. Applications are reviewed and approved by the Grants Committee.
How to Apply:
- Review the PCF Grant Guidelines to ensure you qualify to be considered for a grant.
- All grant applications should be completed online at www.pontiaccommunityfoundation.org. The application must be typed and transmitted electronically. By special request, grant applications and can be mailed to PO Box 431362, Pontiac, MI 48343.
- Be sure to answer all questions on the grant application.
- Print a copy of the application for your records.
- Who qualifies for the Leadership Oakland Grant?
All Pontiac professionals over the age of 18. Those demonstrating a desire to grow their leadership capacity and those with an expressed need for financial assistance are especially encouraged to apply. Pontiac residents and minority individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- When should I apply for the Leadership Oakland Program?
Applicants for the Pontiac Community Foundation Grant should apply for both the PCF Grant and the Cornerstone Program at Leadership Oakland, concurrently. Please indicate on your Leadership Oakland Application that your participation is pending receipt of a grant from the Pontiac Community Foundation. You do not need to submit the $250 deposit to Leadership Oakland, that will be covered by the Pontiac Professional Grant, should you receive it. Additionally, please submit your Leadership Oakland application directly to email@example.com.
- Does the grant cover 100% of the Cornerstone Program tuition?
All applicant expenses will be covered ($3500.00) for the 2022 grant program. Participants must cover any travel expenses to and from in-person events and secure access needed for electronic meetings.
- What other requirements will I have in receipt of this grant? The Pontiac Community Foundation expects full participation for those who receive the Pontiac Professional Grant. Those that do not follow through with their commitment to the Cornerstone Program could have their funding suspended.
- What happens to my Cornerstone Program Application if I do not receive the PCF Grant? You may still be accepted to the Cornerstone Program at Leadership Oakland even if you do not receive the PCF Grant. Leadership Oakland has limited funding available for scholarship and you will be encouraged to apply. If you still do not receive enough funding to participate in the Leadership Oakland program, you may withdraw you participation and consider applying for a grant to participate in the 2022 program.
- What does the Leadership Oakland Program look like during the COVID-19 Pandemic? At this time the Leadership Oakland team is planning an portions of the program to be both virtual and in-person. Should the status of our current health crisis change, the program events will be reviewed.